PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone recieved their Smoker DOA??

paxhc
04-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Just curious if this happens alot or if im the lucky winner?

Smoker did not work out of the box.

I had to pull the rear panel and the main wires were not connected. The eyelets were screwed to the element but the wires were not in the eyelets, they were just sitting there. they probably just slipped out due to improper crimping but they didn't look like they were crimped at all, like it was made on a friday, in a hurry and was just forgot.

Anyone else? It was an easy fix so it's not a big deal but usually when you buy a brand new product you expect it to be properly built.

bigwalleye
04-06-2014, 10:22 AM
And after several years on the forum, I'd have to say yours is the exception rather than the rule. Don't recall hearing about that issue in the past.

I think you may hear from the Admin, but I've always found ST to be very proactive and responsive.

Hopefully it was a "one-off" and you'll now be able to start using the ST and enjoying it.

Welcome to the forum, and let us know if we can help. Lots of good folks here, and all willing to share info.

DReeves
04-06-2014, 11:09 AM
I gotta agree with Jim on this one.

This is definitely not something I witness, if at all. I personally know several of the people in the ST home office, and they are second to none when it comes to doing the right thing and being responsive.

With that being said, "Welcome to the forum!"

Looking forward to reading about your experience, beyond this one.