PDA

View Full Version : Easy hot wings

luke clayton
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Luke Clayton here. I discovered an EASY way to make hot wings. Simply marinate your chicken wings overnight in Louisiana Hot Sauce, place them in your Smokin Tex heated to 225 degrees, put about two ounces of your favorite wood and let it smoke for three hours! Or... If you prefer your wings with a less smokey flavor, leave the wood pieces out. Remember, a well seasoned unit will impart a bit of smokey flavor,even without adding wood to the firebox. These wings are GOOD!

keith13b
06-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Great recipe. I would like to add that when done, re-dip them in sauce and toss on the grill (or just broil them) for a few more minutes to crisp up the skin. They fall off the bone. Its hard to wait to let them cool for a few minutes before eating. Time to break out the blue cheese! After 3 hrs, all the fat is GONE!

I use 2 oz hickory and its not too bitter. I tried mesquite (all I had at the time) and the flavor was not right. FYI.

Keep smokin!

Wheelz
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
"Amen" to the crisping up on the grill or toss them on the oven broiler. Both do a good job.;)

MttaLeslie
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Hubby loves buffalo wings so I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow for the Buckeye game. I sure hope it works because I'm getting tired of trying to make good food with this rather expensive piece of equipment and always having it come up short. I was pretty good with my old cheap smoker, but I'm not having good luck with this one at all -- would hate to have to relegate it to an outdoor warming oven.

BillyBob
09-23-2011, 09:06 PM
MttaLeslie....what kind of problems are you having with your food that you are cooking?

BillyBob

EJM
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I make these up in advance using either apple or hickory. I freeze what I am not going to use right away. Pull them out of the freezer and place on the grill or in the oven to heat them up and crisp the skin.
They are awesome.