PDA

View Full Version : Portabella mushrooms

coach
04-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Look for large deep portabella's at store--wash and clean gills and stems out with a spoon--throw gills out and save stems--dry them well and set aside--(goat cheese spread)in bowl combine 4 oz soft goat cheese--2 oz cream cheese and 1/4 cup basil pesto--stir all ingredients together. Take mushrooms and pour olive oil over front and back. Season with favorite steak seasoniing--Flip mushrooms over and spread the goat cheese spread until you have a nice layer of spread--take fresh baby spinach and place over spread--you can stop there and smoke mushrooms at 250 for 2 1/2 hours--and have a very good appetizer
Or you can make a filling out of--tomatoes,sweet onions,bell peppers, garlic,pepperoni,Italian bread crumbs,4 cheese mix,olive oil, chopped up stems and your favorite Italian sauce---then place mix on top of goat cheese spread (pile it high) and smoke at 250 for 2 1/2 hours and make a meal
I used pecan wood------Large aspargus cut into 1/2" pieces is also very good added to mix

DReeves
05-10-2016, 07:51 AM
Thanks coach!

Any pictures you can share? I am a visual person, and this sounds amazing. Pictures are worth a thousand words ;)

bigwalleye
05-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks coach!

Any pictures you can share? I am a visual person, and this sounds amazing. Pictures are worth a thousand words ;)

...True, but an invitation and directions are PRICELESS!!!