PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Rub

smokin-tnpete
08-01-2008, 06:16 AM
This rub is great on Chicken, Butts, Ribs and even smoked Whole Rabbits.
It started out as the rub I was using on my Baby back Ribs. One day I was getting ready to smoke Butts and did not have any rub left. So I used this one, Then the next morning when I was about to take the Butts off and put the chicken on. I thought well lets try it on the chicken also.
That turned out to be a good move. As its great on those also.

Pete's Rub
1 cup canning salt Or if you have only the larger salt throw it in the blender
1/2 cup black pepper
2 tablespoons of Garlic powder
2 tablespoons of Oregano
2 table spoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of Chile powder.
Mix well

I mix up 4 of the above and store it. AS it gets better after sitting for a few days mixed together. I go through a 4 batch per month of this.
Enjoy and hope you enjoy .
Pete

all64
10-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Still use a sweet rub for pork but this rub is very neutral and I've started using it on just about everything else. Very easy to make and store.

BillyBob
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info smokin-tnpete.

BillyBob

smokin-tnpete
10-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Guy's your welcome and as for a neutral rub that's what I like about it as I have found out with a great smoker like the SmokinTex I would rather not cover up the taste of the meat and that smoked flavor with anything that may cover it up.
Pete

bigwalleye
05-18-2011, 12:26 PM
TNpete, tried this neutral rub on 3 lb butt this weekend. I took the liberty of adding 2 lb Beau Monde as well. Nice onion/celery flavor alone, but I thoughht a good add to this rub. To me, there's something about celery and pork together....

Turned out dynamite, and just wanted to post a "Thanks" to you for sharing!

smokin-tnpete
09-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Know this is late, but glad it turned out great. Also clean out your inbox. Tried to send you the hush-puppy recipe. But your pass the quote on messages and would not let me send it to you. That or pm me your email and I will mail it to you.
Pete

DReeves
09-23-2016, 02:15 PM
I can always use a new rub for my arsenal.

Thank you for sharing smokin-tnpete