PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Brisket

bockert
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
In an effort to keep costs down at my daughter's wedding I decided to put my 1500 to good use. I used the following recipe, I know it is far far far from a purist recipe but it works well and the end product is great.

Smoked, Roasted and Simmered Brisket.

10 lb - 12 lb packer brisket(s)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Smoked Peprika
Your favorite smoking wood
Chipotle Tabasco
Beef Base

Large disposable roasting pan(s)
Aluminium Foil

1. Liberally salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked peprika all sides of the brisket rubbing in well.

2. Place a single roasting pan on bottom shelf of smoker with a few cups water. Place brisket(s) (up to 4) on shelves above pan with water, fat size down. Load your favorite wood and smoke at 225 for 2 hours.

3. At the end of 2 hours remove briskets to individaul roasting pans, apply a little more salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked peprika. Sprinkle liberally with chiptle tabasko. Add 1/2 cup of the dripping from the pan used in the smoker or 1/2 cup water. Cover roasting pan with foil and cook at 225 for 10 hours. This can be done either in the smoker or oven, whichever is convenient.

4. After cooking remove briskets from pan and set aside to cool. Defat and reserve the pan juices. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, chipotle tabasco and beef base to the pan juices per taste.

5. Clean all fat from and slice brisket after it is cool enough to handle comfortably. Discard fat.

6a. If doing a single brisket that will be used immediately place sliced brisket in a crockpot and add the defatted and fortified pan juices. Let the crockpot simmer at least a couple hours before serving, the meet will keep well on low for several hours.

6b. If doing multiple briskets and / or brisket needs to be frozen for some time before the event it is being prepared for place brisket(s) and reserved fortified pan juices in container suitable for freezing and for eventual warming. The insert to a tabletop roaster will hold 4 cleaned and sliced briskets and with a double layer of foil on top both freezes and heats very well.

7. If brisket was frozen start the unthawing process by placing it out on the counter the night before the event. It will warm but not unthaw overnight. Heat covered at 300 until middle of foil pressed down and held feels warm and then a little longer. For table top roasters with four briskets this is about 3 hours total. Reduce temperature to 150 and hold until ready to serve.

Figure one brisket and about 45 buns per 30 people for a mixed crowd.

JACOB
12-16-2010, 04:51 AM
I am looking for recipes that can be prepared largely ahead of time, so that the whole family isn't inside cooking a few minutes before the wedding.

troymanic
05-31-2011, 04:33 AM
I used this recipe for my sis wedding night last week, wanted to just come back here, and say thanks to you. Everyone who ate it, absolutely liked it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last minute wedding (http://www.lastminuteweddings.co.uk) - Wedding venue Cyprus (http://www.vasiliasweddings.co.uk) - Warwickshire Wedding Venue (http://www.warwickhouse.co.uk/)