PDA

View Full Version : Received My 1500 CXLD's

BIGSARGE
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi All,

I received my two CXLD's yesterday evening. Needless to say I was excited to get them setup and ready to go.

After uncrating and unpacking them I set out to season them as instructed in the manual.

At first I was worried that I would blow a fuse if I hooked them both up to the same electrical outlet. Since I didn't want to have to crawl through all of the crap in my garage to reach the fuse box if that did happen I started one waited about 15-20 min then started the other one.

They both kept running so smooth and silent that I was doubly impressed when I started seeing the smoke come out through the top hole. I dangled a probe to an external thermometer through the hole after about 2hrs to see if it would register the same as the temperature knob was set for (215 degrees). Although the thermometer took quite some time to tick its way up [one degree at a time] it did measure in at 225 (with the smoker being empty and the probe dangling down to the midway point inside the smoker).

My plan was to then put in a brisket I had rubbed the day before in anticipation of the Smoker's arrival. However, given it was 11:pm when the 4hr seasoning period was done, I opted to wait until this morning to put the brisket in.

I started it at about 6:am [MST] and will be stopping by the house at noon to check on the internal temperature of the meat since I have the probe in it.

Any suggestions for getting the most out of these smokers for retail operations would be appreciated. Since my food can't be cooked, refrigerated, and brought back for selling I am limited to what I can get cooked/smoked the hours I have before openning. What doesn't sell cannot be brought back the next day.

Can't seem to get the pics uploaded cause the site doesn't allow attachments i guess. Any suggestions???

Deep South
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Curious about the food rules (freezing and no day old food).

Please post pictures of the brisket!

Wheelz
04-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I think I would have gone ahead and tossed that puppy in at 11:00pm. set the temp at 180*-190* then crank it up to 225* in the morning.

Each state has its own set of food safety rules. Might want to check wit them on your questions.

I've never tried to post a pic but am going to give it a shot here. Lets see...

Ok, I was hoping it would be viewable in the reply. Guess you have to click on the link below to view it. Oh well...