PDA

View Full Version : Cornish Game Hens

rparker27
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Cooked up 12 hens the other day and they turned out very well, sold them for our easter day lunch, great feedback from our customers.
Rubbed with sun dried tomato olive oil (home made), stuffed with apple bacon, sliced orange and some onion. Smoked using Cherry for 2:45. Great color and the bird was very moist and full of flavor

admin
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Would you please share your sun dried tomato olive oil recipe with us?
Thanks,
admin

rparker27
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
sundried tomatoes, which ever type you prefer. Extra virgin olive oil. place tamotes in container and cover with olive oil until immersed. cover and let stand for 5 days in fridge. Strain when done and you can use sun dried tomatoes again on brushetta

Wiley
04-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Cooked up 12 hens the other day and they turned out very well, sold them for our easter day lunch, great feedback from our customers.
Rubbed with sun dried tomato olive oil (home made), stuffed with apple bacon, sliced orange and some onion. Smoked using Cherry for 2:45. Great color and the bird was very moist and full of flavor

What temperature setting did you use?

Deep South
04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Temp and estimated weight would be appreciated!

luke clayton
05-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Luke Clayton here. I've cooked a lot of quail, pheasant and chucker on my 1400 and am anxious to give your cornish hen recipe a try. Don't see why this method wouldn't be good on whole chicken fryers as well. I'm guessing you cooked the chicken at 225 degrees and with the smoker load (12) you probably let em cook 5 hours or so. Am I right? Thanks for sharing your cooking tips. LC