PDA

View Full Version : Best Brisket and Ribs EVER

FriscoRed
05-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Made first brisket in my 1400 this weekend. Bought a 9.3 lb packers cut at Costco. Put my dry rub on Saturday morning, wrapeed in film and set in the fridge until Saturday night. Loaded up the smoker with about 8 oz of hickory chips and 3 charcoal bricquettes. Turned it on at 11 pm, 200 degrees and went to bed. Got home from church at 11 am, theremometer read 187 degrees (PERFECT). Pulled the brisket, triple wrapped in foil and put it in the fridge until 4:00. Took it out at 4 pm, reheated in 250 degree oven in the house, pulled it and trimmed it up. It was like butter. Family loved it and I think my father in-law and brother in-law will be buying SmokinTex Smokers soon.

Also made the best babybacks (purchased at Costco as well). Rubbed them Saturday night (Memphis Magic rub recipe), put them in the smoker at 12:30 pm Sunday, pulled them at 3:30, wrapped in foil with a little bit of apple juice, put back in the smoker for 90 minutes and they were falling off the bone incredible!!

Tampasteve
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Thats a great first report. Like the idea of the apple juice. Keep on smokin and let us know how it goes. Steve