PDA

View Full Version : New user question

lolo
08-17-2008, 08:32 AM
While I am not new to smoking, I am new to SmokinTex. I was all set to smoke several different things in my smoker when I read the warning on the front to not open the door during smoking. While smoking a brisket, I was planning to add a rib roast later so they finish at the same time. What's up with the warning?

Herman
08-17-2008, 11:08 AM
lolo
don't worry about the warning-the heating elements in the major mfg of electric smokers(cookshack and smokintex) are very small and take a long time to rebound from the heat loss from opening the door-the only problems from opening the door are adding about 30 minutes to cooking time for each opening of the door-of course you will also lose a little smoke -but not usually a problem-enjoy

Herman

smokin-tnpete
08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I do it to add different foods. And its ok. Just make open the door and do what you need to do.
Pete

MttaLeslie
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
And how is one supposed to "mop" something when you can't open the door? I don't do it often, but there are a few things that I would use a mop on.

BillyBob
09-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Just make sure you have everything ready and have the door open as little time as possible!

BillyBob

Tampasteve
10-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Just remember every time the door opens add another 30 minutes too your total cook time. It's tough but as you learn to use the ST you will get to know just how the process works... Good Luck... Steve