PDA

View Full Version : Slow cooked Tropical Ham

Wild Smoke
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
This is the best ham you will ever eat. It is slow cooked with tropical fruit and it will fall apart when ready to eat. No more old salty dry ham ever again. OK here is how we do it.

Take a ham like you get at your local grocery store already smoked and cured. Place it in a turkey roaster bag. Then take one can of Dole Tropical Fruit and pour over the ham Now seal the bag up and place in your smokin tex.

Now set the temp for 200 degrees for a nice long slow cook. The internal temp should be 165 when done. Remove the ham and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove the ham from the bag and place on large serving platter. Spoon the fruit along side the ham . Now dig in and eat!!!!!!! You will go Wild over this ham.

Ingredients: 1 Ham already smoked and cured
1 15.25 oz of Dole tropical fruit
1 Turkey Roasting Bag

There you have it folks ! A simple but great way to fix your next ham.

Wild Smoke:o

Augwen
08-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds great!! How long did you cook it for? I have taken big boneless pork ribs, simmered them in pineapple juice for about 30 minutes then threw them on the smoker and they were wonderful. As they were partially cooked, I only put them on at 200 for a couple of hours, pulled them off and washed them with KC BBQ sauce mixed with some of the pineapple juice,wrapped them in foil and put them back in for another hour. MMMMMM good...

DReeves
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
In addition to the length of time smoked, what do you recommend using to close the turkey bag?

Sounds great, cannot wait to try this!

Thanks in advance! :D

shooterdad
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
In addition to the length of time smoked, what do you recommend using to close the turkey bag?:D

Probably the ties that come with the turkey bag. They are plastic, but heat resistant.

Wild Smoke,

I take it that you skip the smoking wood since the ham is closed up in a plastic bag and won't absorb smoke? Correct?

Tampasteve
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Wils Smoke, I tried your tropical ham rescipe this weekend and served it to 6 couples and everyone wanted seconds.The ham was very tender and very tasty. Cooked at 225, for 5.5 hrs. Thanks for the rescipe.....Steve

medic795
02-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Wood or not? Do u vent the bag? THX

Wheelz
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Kinda got the feeling y'all aren't gonna get a response from Wild Smoke. This was his first & only post & was back in June of 2010.

If any of you have experimented with his recipe, please post results & recommendations. :rolleyes: