PDA

View Full Version : Drip Pan

BillyBob
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I would like to know if anyone uses or has used a drip pan inside the ST, if so how did it work? I've had one of mine for 10 or 12 years, but the clean up is a pain. Now that I have 2 it's double the pain. :(

billy b
07-01-2010, 01:12 AM
It takes me about 15 seconds to line the bottom of the smoker with foil & punch a hole for the drain, after cooking it takes me 5 seconds to throw the foil away, also I throw away the foil in my drip pan. For me it's not a pain;)

BillyBob
07-01-2010, 10:29 AM
billy b,

There is always alot of grease under the foil that is hard to get out after it cools.

BillyBob

Tampasteve
07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Billy Bob: The foil linning in the bottom of the smoker is the way to go just cover the area good and punch the hole. Also I just go to the grocery store and get the small aluminum pans to collect the drippings and just throw the away afterwards. I did purchase a plastic paint scrapper at Home Depot and just keep that in my BBQ tools to scrape the bottom and sides of excess grease. Also I boil a pot of hot water and use several rags to mop up the sides and bottom so I dont disturb the smoke seasoning on the inside of my smoker...Steve

billy b
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I use welders gloves & a couple of old rags. I leave the door closed after cooking, after about an hour I gather up my foil & drip pan & with the gloves on I just rub the bottom area, it all comes off easy as it is still warm. You can get the gloves at any hardware store, they are not expensive & are long enough protect your wrist & lower arms very well