PDA

View Full Version : dry whitish brisket

cburt
09-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I just smoked an 8.5lb brisket. Marinated it for 12 hours Smoked for 12 hours at 200 Meat temp reached 165, Wrapped the meat in foil. Raised temp to 225 for 5.5 hours. Meat temp reached 192, Removed meat from smoker Wrapped it in more foil and put in a cooler for 3 hours. Deckel was great but the flat was dry and whitish, almost the color of pork. Can anyone suggest how to save the meat and can anyone tell me what I did wrong.

cburt
09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
After I sliced the brisket and put it in portion size packages for our first dinner I took a salt free boullion cube and put it in a cup of boiling water. I put the brisket slices in a pyrex baking dish, poured the boullion over it and coverd the baking dish.. I then heated the meat in the oven . The brisket was moist and no flavor was lost.

BillyBob
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
The only thing I can think of would be it was cooked too long. My best results are cooking at 225-250 til internal is at 190-200. Works for me.

BillyBob

metronome
11-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Know this is an old post but I'm curious. Marinading for 12 hours, especially with an acidic marinade would "bleach" the meat. I've done this to steak when using lemon juice in the marinade, and that was only an hour or so!
Also, was a dry rub applied (hopefully with lots of black pepper). This would cover up the lightness a bit.
Just a couple of thoughts.