PDA

View Full Version : Brisket this weekend

randyl
11-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Well the weekend is finally here, the weather is great, can't wait to you use the new SmokinTex 1400 again. Last weekend was my first attempt and the babybacks turned out decent, I think I will try out a little different time/temp next time, but all in all I was pleased. I will be doing a brisket today. I rubbed it down last nite, plan on smoking it overnite tonight at 180 degrees for about 12 hours. I have heard so many ways to smoke it, I think it's really just trial and error. It seems like everybody has a little different thought on the process. I will try to post the results. Any advice or feedback is appreciated.
My wife is starting to believe that this was actually a great investment, She said all I think about is what I'm gonna cook next weekend. I do plan on smoking a Turkey for Thanksgiving too.

Randy

Deep South
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Whole brisket (trim Packer) or just the flat (center cut)?

I'd step up the temps to 200-200 and shoot for 190 degrees internal.

randyl
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
It was a whole brisket,(14 lbs,) it turned out great, I actually let it smoke for 13 hours, took it out and put in a small ice chest for 1 hour, took it out and let it sit on the counter for 1 hour and then sliced it. I thought it was excellent, my wife said it was too smoky, maybe next time I'll use less wood. I plan on doing 2 beer butt chickens this weekend.