PDA

View Full Version : My SmokinTex, home made stand

baltimorebayside
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Made a smoker stand for my Smokin Tex.....Also have (not shown) my racks hanging underneath via hooks......

Works great!!!

In fact, I used my smoker so much, my heating element is starting to hang down, making my wood box hard to get on and off.....I guess I need to order a new heating element....

dan

Smoking pics....

SmokinJ
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
That smoker stand is so cool!

roboref
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Thinking about making a cook and smoking area out of metal studs, cement board and cut stone, just need to come up with a plan.

smokin-tnpete
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I had to replace one of my elements also. It got to hanging down and did not last but 2 more 20+ hour cookings.
So I replaced both of mine in my 1500 rather then leave one old one it. I ordered the replacements and SmokinTex had them to me in no time.
Nice stand for your smoker also. Theres times I wish I had one of the smaller smokers. But like all the stuff I can do on the big one. Its just hard to take with us at times.
Pete

baltimorebayside
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
The model 1400 works great for me and has plenty of room for what I use it for....

I took mine down to the lake house one weekend and smoked a 12 lb packer cut brisket for everyone......it turned out so well, my brother in law bought a 1400 and his brother bought the bigger 1500 model!!!!

My replacement heating element showed up today, wife just called, ordered it last Monday, Thanksgiving week.......not bad......

I have a brisket calling me in the middle of the night.......THAW ME!!!! THAW ME!!!!!....Just may pull him out of the deep freeze in the garage when I get home!!! I'm all turkey'd' out anyway.....

dan:)