PDA

View Full Version : PNW New User

Ranchhand
12-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Our 1400 series smoker arrived today. We can't wait to start using it, but as we are in the middle of a Pacific Northwest "Pineapple express" (3" -6" of rain over a three day period), it may be a few days before I "fire it up". The unit was damaged slightly (typical Fedex), but nothing serious. It's a good thing the unit is so solidly built with welds instead of rivets. We were very impressed with the quality and strength of construction of the smoker. The wood chip box weighs nearly as much as our old "Brinkman" aluminum smoker. I can smell and taste the ribs and chicken already!!!

mneeley490
05-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Ranchhand,
So have you used your 1400 yet? How were the results?
I'm close to buying a new smoker myself, and the 1400 is at the top of my list.

BillyBob
05-19-2011, 09:29 PM
mneeley490...the post you responded to was an old one...just look at the responses on the forum and I am quite sure you will be sold.

These are great smokers and I have owned one (I have two) for 10yrs with amazing results!!

BillyBob

bigwalleye
05-23-2011, 08:48 PM
If you need another positive response, consider this to be it. I searched for a long time and kicked a lot of smokers before settling on my 1400. Had it for 3 months or so, and I think I've sold one or two others already. Excellent results, knowledgeable folks here, and good advise, but most of all, a great smoker with repeatable consistent results. The only thing I'd trade my 1400 for would be a bigger model.....

mneeley490
05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks, that's good to hear! I have a heavily modified Char-Broil offset, and a Weber One-Touch Gold kettle that I do most of my smoking on now. I'd like this to be my last smoker. (So would my wife.)