PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Brisket all day

scp0305
05-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I used Wheelz method and put my Brisket on last night at 190, got up at 6 this morning and turned it up to 225. The brisket reached 200 by 10am. I have pulled it, wrapped it in foil and towels, and set it in a cooler. We aren't eating it til dinner., so what is the best way to keep it all day, should I put it back in the smoker at a low temp til dinner??

bigwalleye
05-21-2011, 12:13 PM
While some of the more experienced smokers on the forum might have other ideas, I'd leave it wrapped tightly in foli and put it back in the smoker at 200 to 225 for a couple hours, then go for the cooler and towels again. I've kept things in the cooler a couple hours, but from 10 am to a dinner at, like, 5 oclock would seem to be longer than I think you could go. The foil will hold in moisture and heat, so I think you could go back to the smoker until 2:30 or so, then pull it to the cooler.

I'll watch to see how others respond, and please let us know what you did and how it worked.

scp0305
05-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Left for baseball game with the brisket still in the cooler, when I got home they had been in the cooler for 4 hours and they were still plenty warm. I put them in the oven at 180 while I cut up all the items for homemade "gut packs". The brisket was awesome, and I will use Wheelz' method again. While our team was eliminated from the state playoffs today, the Brisket gut packs proved to be a winner!!

bigwalleye
05-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear the cooler worked out well. Thanks for the update. Givess the rest of us more info to go on....