PDA

View Full Version : 1400 Door question

zkirby77
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello all,

received my 1400 today and am overall impressed with it. I have a quick question though. The door is extremely hard to close, it feels liek it's binding on the smoker face and looks ike the hinges are about to pull off. Not to mention the latch feels like it's at its extreme limit and about to pull the smal tab on the door off. it also physically deforms/pulls out the outer skin of the door when it's latched as there is so much tension on it. Any ideas? Can someone please shed some light on this? I really want to smoke tomorrow but if I may be returning this unit I don't want to start smokin in it. Thanks.

zkirby77

BillyBob
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
zkirby77...both of mine were very hard to close at first...go ahead and break it in and it will get easier to close. If ther is a problem with it...the good folks at Smokin Tex will take care of you!!!!

BillyBob

zkirby77
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Cooked twice with the new 1400 and can say the door still requires a considerable amount of pressure to close but seems to be getting a bit easier and I'm much more comfortable with just how much pressure is required to close it and keep it closed. The entire unit appears to be very well made and put together very well. All in all I'm a happy camper as is my wife :)

BillyBob
06-01-2011, 08:14 AM
zkirby77...just keep smokin my friend and it will get better!!

BillyBob

Tampasteve
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Call ST customer service. You will get a answer. Dont push your 1400 to its limit....Good Luck.....Steve

luke clayton
07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I've used my 1400 for several years. I think the door is designed to fit tightly. I just push the door in and push the locking handle down to close it. Seems to be the way they are designed. I trutly like this tight fit because it seals so tightly.

Mrex
08-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Correct, designed to close tight so the smoke will not escape......they all do this, but u know what it will be OK!!
keep smoking my friends
Mrex