PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Stuffed jalapeno peppers

smokin-tnpete
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
1 lb hot pork sausage
1 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temp.
3 lb jalapeno peppers I get the ones about as big as a cigar or a little bigger
package of the cheap thin bacon cut the strips in pieces long enough to wrap around the peppers.
package of toothpicks.

Cook and drain the the sausage. and mix the sausage in with the cream cheese.
I cut my peppers in half length ways. Clean out everything in them. For milder peppers. (If you won't them hot leave the seeds in ) after cleaning out everything in the peppers. Stuff sausage and cheese in the peppers. Then take thin bacon and wrap the peppers with it. And then a toothpick it the middle to hold it together and also as a handy way to pick up the peppers.
I smoke at 225 for an hour. But also when bacon is done there done.

Easy to make and sure is a hit each and every time I cook them. And I do 10 lbs at a time for some of our cookings
Be sure to wear gloves when cleaning the pepper and not take out contacts for a while after LOL

Enjoy
Pete

Papa K
01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I think that is going to be one of my next endeavors. Appetizers for the meal.

luke clayton
01-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Pete, This is a very tasty dish. When out on hunts,I have simply used bacon bits and cream cheeze to stuff the jalapeno. I've got a little rack made just for doing these 'poppers', it has holes in it to accomodate a large jalepeno pepper. You just stuff the peppers then stand them up, vertically in the rack. GREAT idea and great and, very tasty easy to prepare dish.Happy Outdoor Cooking!! Luke Clayton
p.s. Go online to www.catfishradio.com and check out some outdoor cooking with the Smokin Tex on each of my radio shows.

ameyer
08-14-2012, 03:05 PM
What do you put the peppers on to cook? A tray or what?