PDA

View Full Version : Drip Pan Use

ESK
06-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I've been using my smoker for quite a while now. I started off using it as directed, using aluminum foil on the bottom and on the smoker box. After each use, the foil was messy and sticky to remove, so I've started putting most of the food in the stainless steel pan. Not everything fits, but most things do. I find the food still has the great smokey flavor, and the oven stays much cleaner. The foil doesn't need to be changed after each use. However, after several uses, the floor of the oven still gets sticky from the smoke and greasy atmosphere. The foil doesn't stop that from happening since the funk goes down the sides and under the foil. I've found the long, heavy duty foil to be the best and easiest to remove. Keep smoking my friends!

BillyBob
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
ESK...I use this method at times myself, however, I use the alumimum foil pans placed on a rack under the meat being cooked. Some meats...butt's, ribs etc...I prefer this way because I don't want the bark on the meat to get soggy setting in the drippings. I also put the heave duty foil in the bottom just to make it even easier to clean-up. Good for you and as you said...keep on smokin my friend!!!!

BillyBob

bigwalleye
06-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Try the new Reynolds non-stick tin foil for the grill. I put the non-stick side down, and it peels right off even after a long smoke. Give 'er a go, and smoke on!

BillyBob
06-22-2011, 10:17 PM
bigwalleye...thanks for the tip...I'm so stupid I never thought of that!!!!!!

BillyBob

bigwalleye
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
BillyBob,
They call that "non-linear thinking". Seemed like it was pretty sticky with the regular stuff, so I just thought I'd give it a try.

You folks have all helped me so much, it's nice to see I can give a little back when I can.

nateswife
07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Has anyone tried the crockpot liners for the drip pans? I was thinking about that yesterday. They're made to stand up to the heat of a crockpot so I thought they'd work great.

ajax
09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I found out that the half size foil steamer pans from Sam's fit the drip pan perfectly. The pan still slides in to the brackets on the bottom just fine. No more washing out the drip pan full of grease. Just lift out the steamer pan, put on a lid and toss in the garbage With the lids the steamer pans are great for keeping stuff warm right out of the smoker too.

admin
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Ajax, that tip is brilliant. Thanks!