PDA

View Full Version : Smokin For the 4th of July

Sodaking27
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone is cooking in their SmokinTex for the 4th.
I'm smokin a brisket:cool:

BAnonymous
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Nothing. I will be out of town, at the lake, away from the smoker, enjoying someone else's BBQ.

scp0305
07-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Went to Lake Ray Roberts Fri and Sat, got out of there before it gets crazy, will return after the 4th. Smoking Chicken leg quarters and fatties today, brisket tomorrow.

BillyBob
07-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Just got back from the lake...I have one of my ST 1400's there and smoked a butt and two racks of ribs...no pic's was tooo busy...it was all great!!!!!

BillyBob

bigwalleye
07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Funny you should ask. I was at the lake and brought the 1400, and wondered what other folks were doing!!
I was running a 5 lb butt yesterday, they wouldn't trust me with the turkey breasts (long story) and thought I'd "supplement" with a little something of my own. Started at 1 am, things going good all day until about 1 pm, we popped a transformer in the campground just as I'm hitting 180 degrees. I'm thinking the butt is junk, but wrapped it in tin foil and a towel, coolered it, and let it rest for 3 hours until the new transformer was installed. It was down to about 130 at that point, and I thought I'd heat it again and see. Glad I did. Left it in the foil and ran it up to 198, , back to the towel and cooler for 20 minutes, and it was great!Nice and moist, easy to pull, great flavor. Pulled it, served it well after the turkey breasts were done and gone, but it was the best thing at the potluck. We didn't eat it until 9 PM, but it was worth the wait.

admin
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Love that can do, never give up spirit!
And of course it was the best thing at the potluck.