PDA

View Full Version : Cover lasted 3 months ?

vitaminqqq
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I bought one of the covers for my 1100 this past winter. I was surprised how flimsy the material felt. Sure enough, after a few months in the elements it had a number of tears in it. I've tried to duct tape it together but no luck. Not happy, considering it was $40.

Have other people experienced this ? Is there somewhere I can get a higher-quality cover ?

SmokeRing
08-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I bought a new cover for my 1400 through Smokin Tex last month and when I received it I thought that the quality was excellent. It is heavy duty and well constructed and I thought at that time that I would get a lot of years use out of it. Who knows?

BillyBob
08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Have you contacted SmokinTex and let them know of your problem? I don't own a 1100....however, I do own 2 1400's and the quality is a heavy duty cover. Just remember...they are not water proof and if left in direct sun...they will fade.

BillyBob

vitaminqqq
09-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I emailed Smokin Tex. They wrote back that they had changed manufacturers and have improved the quality of the covers. (@smokering - you must have one of the new ones.). And they offered to replace mind with one of the new ones!