PDA

View Full Version : Little help guys please.

Steelydan
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
7.45 Lb Boneless pork Shoulder fat side up of course. Setup smoker to 225. I am using my new Maverick (which I love BTW ET-732 thanks for the recommendation guys) put a water pan in with apple juice. What should my internal temp be when its done? 190? Also I am have a Bitch of a time posting pics my files always too large. anyway to fix that in settings?

Steelydan
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
168Ok Finally got it compressed enough this is what i have going and I am getting some CRAZY high Temps 315!!!!!!

SmokeRing
05-16-2012, 03:29 PM
7.45 Lb Boneless pork Shoulder fat side up of course. Setup smoker to 225. I am using my new Maverick (which I love BTW ET-732 thanks for the recommendation guys) put a water pan in with apple juice. What should my internal temp be when its done? 190? Also I am have a Bitch of a time posting pics my files always too large. anyway to fix that in settings?

Hi Steelydan,

190-210 is about right on your internal temp. I sometimes pull it at 185-190, but I will also let stand FTC (Foil, Towel, Cooler) for a couple of hours.

As far as your pictures are concerned I had the same problem and ended up using photobucket and then just post the link.

SmokeRing
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Why are you using a water pan?

bigwalleye
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I like 190 to slice, 200 to pull, and now only use the foil-towel-cooler method if I need to kill time between my temp target and dinner time. I start a lot of butts the night before at 180, then ramp up in the morning right to 250, but it's a timing thing, and it depends on the target dinner time. I generally DON'T use juice or water in the ST, but to each their own.

As far as the pix, can't help there.

This box here on the desk and I have a relationship where we are only tolerant of one another's presence....

DReeves
05-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I have owned two different ST's, a 1400 and now a 1500. I was told I would not need a water pan, and to be honest, I haven't used one. What is the reason and/or benefit?

As for temp, I'm with Walleye, 200 for pulling. I use a cooler if I am transporting, otherwise, I find leaving the butt in the smoker, with temp around 190 - 200, the butt's stay perfectly moist.