PDA

View Full Version : If you like your Ribs to fall off the bone I have the perfect recipe.

Steelydan
05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I am a fan of St Louis style ribs personally because in my humble opinion you get more meat than baby backs and less fat than spares however this works on all ribs. Spare,Baby backs or St Louis Style. First peel off the membrane (Or if your lucky enough to have befriended your local butcher almost always they will do it for you. Good Butchers are Priceless!!!) Liberally rub/dust down your Ribs with whatever you like front and back. No need for letting them sit in the rub just make sure the ribs are room temp or close to it. The smoker,and foil will do all of the flavor work. Pour 1/2 cup Cherry Wood Chips or whatever you like in the smoker box. Set your Smokin-tex up at 225,and let smoke for 3 hrs. Take ribs out and wrap them up 3 times tightly in foil. (YES 3 TIMES) This will lock in all of the moistness and caramelize the rub. Put back in for another 3hrs for a total of 6hrs. Unwrap and be careful they will be hotter than a 2 dollar pistol!!! Lastly be ready to not have enough for whomever you are feeding because they will want more :rolleyes: ENJOY!!!

TEXAS AIN'T NO PLACE FOR AMATEURS.........

BillyBob
05-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Steelydan....you are sooo right my friend...that will do the trick!!!!!

BillyBob

Doc
05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Agreed!!:o

vferrizz
11-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for this post...I will give it a try tonight.

GoBigRed
11-25-2012, 05:15 PM
So I am new to smokin;-) How many slabs of meat are we talking about or does it matter?

applejack
11-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Hey Steelydan,

I also fully agree with BillyBob and Doc that your method guarantees fall off the bone tenderness. I personally like the meaty 'country back ribs' from Sam's club.

GoBigRed - one slab or as many as your SmokinTex smoker can hold without stacking. The total cooking time will be very close to the same. As long a you are cooking the same item at the same time it is kind of like baking cookies - one cookie or a whole oven full takes almost the same time.

Best wishes,
applejack