PDA

View Full Version : Smoked white bass (sandbass) or striper tacos & more!

luke clayton
06-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Your old buddy Luke Clayton here. Stay with me on this one and I will give you a couple of excellent ways to put those easy to catch and plentiful white bass fillets to good use.
WHITE BASS TACOS

White bass and stripers are biting well now. Fresh tomatoes, onions and peppers are plentiful. Let's put this bounty of the outdoors to good use!
Begin by making a BIG bowl of pico with tomatoes, onion and serrano peppers.

Now, with your Smokin Tex set at 225 degrees and just a 'little' piece of pecan wood in the smoke box, add an aluminum pan with white bass or striper fillets (trim all the red meat). Dust fillets with Fiesta Fajita seasoning (the best I've found). Cover all the fillets with a light coat of olive oil.
Smoke/cook until fillets flake, about 30 minutes.

Heat some corn tortillias, place the smoked fish on first, add the pico and pieces of sliced avacado. Squeeze on a little lemon juice!

These are some of the best tacos I've eaten. Give em a try!

Now, remember, I asked you to make a BIG bowl of pico? There's a good reason! Place the remaining smoked fish in a plastic bowl with lid. Add the remaining pico and squeeze the juice from 2 lemons into the mix. Let chill in ice box for an hour. Serve as an appetizer with your farorite crackers.

Then, post back on this site what you think about my method of putting the bounty of the outdoors to good use! Listen to www.catfishradio.com for more excellent ways to put your Smokin Tex to use!

DReeves
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
What a great suggestion, Luke!

I just picked up some tilapia filets, will give this a try for sure! Cannot wait!