PDA

View Full Version : Bbq doesn't have to be brisket

luke clayton
07-28-2012, 10:13 PM
A couple days ago, I caught Beef boneless round on sale for $2 pound. I invested $8 and got 4 pounds. Rubbed the 2 'roasts' with Head Country Champtionship seasoning and placed them in my model 1400 Smokin Tex at 225 degrees for 1 hour of heavy smoke (4 ounces of dry wild plum wood).

Next, placed the 2 roasts in an aluminum pan and basted both with Head Country BBQ sauce, and tightly covered the pan with foil. Set the Smokin Tex at 180 degrees. Went to bed and the next morning after about 10 hours in the smoker at low heat, removed the BBQ, drained it and added fresh BBQ sauce.
Allowed meat to rest and sliced. Made some sliced BBQ and some chopped.
I'd put this BBQ up against any brisket I've ever eaten.
Just goes to prove that the Smokin Tex set at low temp and long cooking times can turn otherwise tough cuts of meat into great BBQ!

applejack
07-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Hey Luke,

Just reading your cooking report and thinking about how tender and tasty the result had to be made me salivate. I suspect the natural juices from the roasts made a super great sauce (aka gravy where I grew up). Sounds absolutely yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,
applejack

metronome
08-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Dry wild plum eh ? Like say Mexican Plum ? O.K , I'm starting a new thread about wood