PDA

View Full Version : Grabbbed a 1460 model

sundown
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi all. Used to be a Cookshack owner and sold it when my gal got laid off. Well, it is time for another smoker and after talking to Scott, I pulled the trigger on a pre-production 1460 unit. It has -7- 14 x 15.5 shelves and I got a real sweet deal on it including the full warranty!! Think he has a couple left if interested.

I should have her next week and will get some pics posted as soon as I get her all seasoned up!!

Looking forward to hanging out with all of you.......again

sundown
09-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Got the 1460 model delivered yesterday and for being a pre-production model, you could have fooled me.....just a beautiful shiny pit...not for long!! Gonna smoke away in this beauty!! She came with 4 racks and 1 fish/mesh rack. Smokes like a champ, used my Polder to check the internal temp and it was running +/- 2 degrees...without me shelling out the extra 200 bucks to Cookshack for a smaller unit with the digital read-out!!
Gonna season her up all this week until the weekend....don't forget I am gonna try to cook that London Broil (top round) like a brisket this Sunday!!
Oh, the unit came with wheels, I was so amped on getting the smoke going, I muscled her (smoker weighs almost 100 lbs) in her corner and will get the wheels on this evening!!
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/s1cott11/001_zps386d4cab.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/s1cott11/002_zps7fa73d94.jpg

mneeley490
09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Looks good; that's a nice size. Can I ask what ST is asking for it? I don't see it on the website yet.

sundown
09-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I think it would be best to give Scott a call over at Smokin-Tex..this is a pre production model and it will be available soon from my talk with Scott yesterday........I think there were a couple left when I talked to Scott last week when I placed my order and you will get the deal of a lifetime if he has any left!! Of course the new official model is going to have a great price as well and there are going to be a bunch of unhappy suits over at Cookshack when this one hits the Smokin-Tex website!! :cool: