PDA

View Full Version : Pork loin

Bwalk76
09-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey.... Looking for best practices for smoking a large pork loin. I have not attempted a loin yet so I am requesting some advice from you that have done it before. Thanks in advance!!!

sundown
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Gotcha covered!! Check out the Banned KCBS Tenderloin recipe I posted in the recipes section.

Bwalk76
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks sundown, I just Google imaged the loin, wow, does that look good! I will have to try that recipe!

sundown
09-29-2012, 12:41 PM
The trick to the recipe is after it is seasoned and wrapped in bacon...then you apply the dark brown sugar on heavy!! Wrap her up tight to get happy overnight and don't unwrap it until you put it in the Tex!! I think you are gonna like it!! If you want, you can inject the loin before you start the seasoning. I use Cajun Injector injectable marinades...they got a bunch of flavors and they are tasty!!

Bwalk76
07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
SIMPLE & QUICK TENDERLOIN RECIPE: Walmart had a sale on beef tenderloins, bought a 3# for $5.00. I didn't have a lot of time for prep so I threw the loin in a freezer bag and poured half bottle of teriyaki marinade sauce and left in fridge overnight. Took out and packed the entire loin with brown sugar and wrapped in cellophane for 3-4 hours. Used hickory and cherry, smoked at 200-225 until it reached about 150 (3-4hours). In laws and friends where amazed again and the best thing about it was that it basically took no prep time or major clean up for this which left more time for drinking beers in the pool!

DReeves
07-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Bwalk,

A question or two..... after marinading in the fridge, you then pack in brown sugar, wrap in cellophane, and place that in the SmokinTex?

Sounds great, want to try this weekend.

Bwalk76
07-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey DReeves - I unwrap the cellophane and then put it in the smoker. During the time where I wrap the brown sugar, over several hours it dissolves into almost a syrup like substance.

DReeves
07-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Makes a lot of sense. After reading your post again, my question seems silly.

Can't wait to try this today. Been marinading over night :)

Thanks for sharing.

DReeves
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Bwalk76,

Wanted to report back - your simple recipe won praise from the Mrs. I have also made the version that sundown posted, the Banned KCBS version - awesome!

I was looking for something quick and easy, and this did the trick. Luckily I made two loins, so that I have leftovers for lunch today :D

Thanks to both of you for posting your recipes.