PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Ribs to serve - Appreciate Suggestions

ericrice
06-28-2013, 08:29 AM
The wife and I have a 4th party every year and get somewhere in the 125-150 range. Plan to do 10-15 racks of ribs this year ahead of time and reheat the day of. I planned to slice into individual ribs after smoking for easier serving. I use a dry rub and sauce to finish. What I'm trying to figure out is the best way to reheat and get the sauce on. Prefer not to take up the grill space for any length of time since I'll need it for cooking other food. Thought about putting the individual ribs in foil pans, mixing with sauce, covering and warming them in my tex. Maybe once thoroughly warmed throw them on the grill for just a few minutes to get the sauce a bit caramelized. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Any other suggestions on how to get the best finished product?

To round it out got a brisket on order, will be doing 3 shoulders for pulled pork - 1/2 vinegar based (my fav) and 1/2 BBQ, homemade pork roll and sausage along with burgers and dogs.

bigwalleye
06-28-2013, 11:30 AM
I think I'd smoke the racks, wrap in foil when they're done, refrigerate, then warm them in the Tex still in the foil, open as you need them, cut them, sauce 'em, grill 'em then go to the table. Cutting them ahead of time may dry them out, and sitting in the sauce isn't going to do you any favors re: the bark.

BillyBob
06-28-2013, 06:33 PM
You are right on the money....cook them...wrap in foil( always double wrap) and refrigerate over night. Take them out and put in foil pans with sauce and cover. When warmed....take them out of the sauce and throw them on the grill....then cut them up. Good luck and it sounds like a good time!!!!

BillyBob

ericrice
07-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks to you both!!

bigwalleye
07-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Glad to help!

Please let us know how things went. It's all about celebrating the successes!