PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

ericrice
09-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Although I would never use the term "mastered" when smoking I have been very happy with my ribs, pulled pork and finally have nailed my last several briskets. Brisket was by far the most challenging. After my first attempt turned out so dry not even gravy helped I swore them off. 4 years later and I finally decided to give them a try again, thankfully with success.

I have smoked cheese, nuts, etc but I'm trying to decide what my next big smoking challenge will be. Chicken maybe but although I like chicken I wouldn't say it's something I would go out of my way for.

Any other suggestions?

DFW
09-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Practice on chicken since it's cheap. Once chicken is mastered, move on to turkey, goose, duck, cornish hen, etc.

bigwalleye
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Fish? Wild game? A smoked venison roast can be a killer appetizer, cold with cheese.

There's another thread going with a recipe for baked beans along with ribs, butt or brisket, that's where I'm going next.

metronome
09-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Brine a chicken and smoke it.... it'll be one tasty bird.
Or do a rib roast (boneless or bone-in) with or without wood. My 1400 does killer prime rib, I never use the oven in the kitchen.
See my pics of my last beast.

ericrice
09-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Or do a rib roast (boneless or bone-in) with or without wood. My 1400 does killer prime rib, I never use the oven in the kitchen.
See my pics of my last beast.

Love it and I have seen your and others posts on rib roasts. Not sure why that hadn't come to mind. I love a great Prime Rib.

metronome
09-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Post some pics for us....