Thread: Transporting new smoker

Default Transporting new smoker

A new ST1500 will be delivered to my office today or tomorrow. I will then load it in my truck & transport home. My truck has a camper shell. Can I lay the unit on its side to transport or will I need to borrow my sons truck?

I have hauled mine numerous times in either the back of an SUV or a pick up with it laying on its side or back. I have even taken it with me out of state a few times and it always works fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Agreed

Mine travels back and forth to the lake on weekends in the summer, cover on and laid on it's back with racks and wood box in their normal locations. No problems.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Congrats, mrmaller,

Where are you from? We love to see where members reside
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Reside in Waltonville, IL, about 75 miles east of ST Louis. Smoker left TX on Wed & was to be delivered Thur or Fri. Arrived in St Louis on Wed & Trucking Co then took it to Chicago. Arrived back in STL last night. Needless to say, I am not breaking it in this weekend.

Its here. Delivered on a pallet, so we have it loaded in my sons truck. Now, if I could just get enough time to uncrate it before Sunday.

Congrats! Almost there

Can't wait to hear how she does.....
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all