Thread: Best fried chicken

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default Best fried chicken

Buy two hole fryers from favorite grocery--mix in bowl --3 tablespoons of kosher salt---2 tablespoons of pepper---1-1/2 tablespoons of each--minced rosemary--minced thyme--minced sage--- 5 minced bay leaves--3 garlic cloves minced and 1/4 cup of quality olive oil
    rub this mixture on whole chickens and cook in smoking tex at 210 degrees for about 2 and 1/2 hours----(inner thigh should be 150 degrees)---let chicken cool--then cut up--should have 4 drumsticks--4 wings-8 breast--4 thighs
    In large bowl whisk 1 quart of buttermilk--1 tablespoon of Tabasco and 1 teaspoon of sugar---add chicken and refrigerate for one hour
    In large saucepan, heat 2 inches of grapesead oil to 375---add 4 sprigs of rosemary--4 of of sage---4 of tyme--5 whole bay leaves--and 1 head of garlic broken into cloves---when herbs are crispy and garlic is golden remove from oil and place on paper toweled plate
    In large bowl whisk -- 2 cups of all-purpose flour---1/2 cup rice flour--1/4 cup garlic powder--1/4 cup onion powder--3 tablespoons of kosher salt--2 tablespoons of pepper
    remove half of the chicken from buttermilk--letting the excess drip back into bowl---dredge the chicken into flour mix patting it lightly so it adheres--fry the chicken over high heat turning occaionally until golden and thermometer reads 160 in thickest part--about 6 minutes for breast--8 for wings,thighs and drumsticks--transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with rest of chicken
    sprinkle with a little flakey sea salt and serve right away--garnish with fried herbs and lemon wedges

Interesting recipe! Your title had me wondering why it would be posted here, but now it all makes sense!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Nice!

Kind of a cross between southern fried chicken and smoky goodness with a side of flavor.

Well played, sir.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!