Thread: 1400 Built-In to Outdoor Kitchen

Default 1400 Built-In to Outdoor Kitchen

Although it has taken much longer than my wife would have liked. I am finally in the last stages of my outdoor kitchen an have incorporated a built-in version for the SmokinTex 1400. My son and I designed the whole unit and I wanted a built-in look for the smoker. With inspiration from MadDog on this forum, I have incorporated the 1400 onto a frame fastened with a heavy duty stainless steel slide. The teak surround is for aesthetics and has a door to allow the removal of the drip pan. Under the pan and fastened to the bottom of the frame is a single sheet of stainless to pick up any drips and wipe clean. I just wish I had room for an outdoor refrigerator, but the pass through window to my outdoor cottage has a refrigerator freezer for that. I will be installing some stainless steel tiles as a backsplash for the grill to be able to avoid smoke stains which she already complained about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026s.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028s.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029s.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030s.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	321

Jkurzner,
    Beautiful outdoor kitchen. Very nice pullout for your 1400! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.