Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice: Perfecting Baby Back Ribs

Thank you for sharing, Smokering.

I can see why your guests think you should open a restaurant. The only trouble I see is that these are labor intensive. I guess you could call the 'labor of love ribs'.

I am looking forward to trying these.

Thanks, again.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Thanks DReeves,

It doesn't seem as labor intensive as it sounds. In July I smoked around 150 lbs. of babybacks and the process always seems smooth going. I do put "labor of love" into it too! I give most of it away. Last week I made 40 lbs for my softball team and last weekend I made another 50 lbs for a Ted Nugent concert I went to and passed out ribs to the area tailgaters. Had a great party for the 4th and ran out of ribs for that. :-D
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

I smoked 50 lbs of babybacks for a Saturday evening wine party in Detroit this past weekend. I prepared them on Friday and kept them cool and then put them in a cooler on ice. I arrived at the party location and set up my grills and proceeded to heat up and carmelize the ribs. There were 80 people who showed up and all I heard the whole evening were praises as the best ribs they ever had. One guy was a chef and said "I never thought I would say this, but those ribs are better than mine". Multiple people told me I needed to enter these ribs in the local ribfests throughout the metro area. I received a call this morning saying that my ribs overshadowed the wine and were the hit of the party. I also received text messages stating the same. Just thought I'd report about this recipe. Keep on smokin. :-D
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

That. Is. Awesome!!!

What a great way to pre-make a ton of ribs for a remote location, and still serve them fresh!

Wow!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all