Thread: rib roast

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default rib roast

Have any of y'all cooked a Veal Rib Roast? Any ideas

Oh wow, Coach.

I have not. I would think low temp, and not very long, given the nature of veal. The temp range you are aiming for on veal is 135 - 145 for medium.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Niether have I but I think Darren's onto something there. I would recommend no wood if you've got a seasoned smoker, or something light and a little sweet, like peach, pear or apple so as not to overpower the taste of the veal. I would also recommend to avoid charcoal if you usually add it.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Thanks guys--I had planned on searing it on the grill with high heat and cooking low and slow---thanks for the temps and info--will let y'all know how it turns out