Thread: Anybody switched from beef??

Arrow Anybody switched from beef??

I was was wondering who's smoking more pork and chicken with beef prices getting so ridiculous. I saw a packer brisket the other day in my grocery that was $75. Normally it would've been around $25-$30. Even though I can afford it I've refused to pay these stupid prices and switched to only doing ribs, butts, chicken and salmon. Anybody else think beef prices are over the top?

I agree....but....I have always used more pork and chicken than beef. Around here, the hamburger meat is about $3.69 a pound.......crazy!!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Completely with you on this one.

I have a brisket in the freezer, I joke that it is an "investment brisket" given the increase in beef prices.

From the predictions I have been reading about, it may be 2 years before beef (and pork prices, too) settle back down.

Sigh.....
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Completely with you on this one.

I have a brisket in the freezer, I joke that it is an "investment brisket" given the increase in beef prices.

From the predictions I have been reading about, it may be 2 years before beef (and pork prices, too) settle back down.

Sigh.....
    Now you know why they have them little locks on freezer doors.....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Darren.....I read your thing about marriage.....and I must laugh each time...........I used to be perfect!!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

The U.S. beef herd is at a sixty year low...unprecedented

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...beef-cost.html
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and, try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka."
    Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Darren.....I read your thing about marriage.....and I must laugh each time...........I used to be perfect!!!!!

BillyBob
    Me too!!!!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all