Thread: Join Me! Celebrate SmokinTex - 15 Years!

Default Join Me! Celebrate SmokinTex - 15 Years!

Hello everyone, and Happy 2015!

I was chatting with the good people @ SmokinTex recently, and I asked how long the company had been in existance. 15 years!

So I thought I would celebrate by making something from the recipes section of SmokinTex.com. For some who may not be familiar, these are recipes that the founder of SmokinTex - Jim Smith - compiled when starting the company. I thought this would be fun, kind of a "throwback" to the early days, if you will.

My first recipe I decided to try was a suggestion from Scott Wallace, from the home office of SmokinTex. I am making ribs this weekend and glazing them with Apricot Honey glaze. http://smokintex.com/Recipes/Recipes...oneyGlaze.html

Why not join me? Let's have some fun and kick the tires around a bit. Post your smokes here, if you feel like it.

I will try and post pictures this weekend. I would love to see and read what others are trying as well.

Enjoy!!!

Darren
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Smoke complete and lesson learned....

First and foremost - I love the Apricot Honey glaze. Rave reviews from family and friends.

Second - it had been a while since I had used the 3-2-1 method. I did the method for this smoke, and the results were good - the rib meat was simply falling off the bone.

I placed them on the grill to caramelize the glaze, so in the future, I will not foil.

As for pictures, the ribs were not much to look at, so my plan was to save a picture of the bones. My plan was thwarted when a well-deserving person cleaned up after dinner

What did you smoke in your SmokinTex???
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Must be fate. I was telling my wife yeserday afternoon I'm getting hungry for ribs....

Need to hit the grocery store.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!