Thread: Howdie!

Default Howdie!

New 1400 owner. Can't wait for it to show up on my front deck!

Been smoking for around 30 years. First a knock off bullet smoker, then an offset. Due to the amount of work involved, I would typically smoke only half a dozen times a year or so.
    About 6 years ago, we moved to North Pole, Alaska. Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey in the thin offset took on a WHOLE new meaning. First one i tried was at -25* and i had to wrap the smoker in insulation. I decided then we needed to get something more or less low/no maintenance once you turn it on. I've talked about getting an electric, but just never made the move.

Been in California this week, had some great BBQ and thought it was time to look. So after doing some reading and comparing, I pulled the trigger on the 1400 this morning. Should be hitting my house about the time we get home. I can't wait.

Favorites to smoke are normally ribs, butts, and brisket.
    Only problem is decent meat is tough to get up here. And STEEP. For comparison, I was in the store last week and rib-eyes were $19.99 a lb.

Looking forward to pickin' y'alls brains!

steve

Buba1.....Welcome to the family. Looking forword to answers any question you have for us!!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Hi Buba1, Big welcome to the family also, I'm also a new member, and these guys are helping so much. Stick around, I'll look forward to swapping some info as I get better.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Buba1, Welcome to the family! The whole idea is for all of us to get better together. Even mistakes help, because you know what NOT to do! Let us know if you need anything!!

Jim
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Thanks folks. Appreciate it!

Buba1-

Welcome to the family!!! We put the "fun" in dysfunctional

No, seriously, welcome. We are happy to have you here

Darren
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all