Thread: Hello

Thumbs up Hello

Hey out there in smokerville, received my smoking Tex 1400 the other day and I couldn't be any more pleased. So far I have done baby backs (too much cayenne pepper) a little spicy. A chicken that was out of this world! Today's project smoked cured salmon.

I am new to smoking tex, but have been smoking for years on a charcoal water smoker that was a pain to schedule a dinner around. Every little breeze added to my smoke time even if it was just too cold outside. I couldn't smoke in winter at all. Well after the last dinner served at 10pm I started lookin around. And what sold the smoking tex for me was the fact that it is truly an all weather set it and forget it system. No adding coal, woodchips,. No burnt hands. No buckets of ash to deal with. Just put in your meat. Turn it to the desired temp and not have to worry that it won't be absolutely wonderful when dinner time arrives. Thank you SMOKIN TEX you have given me back my day!!!!!!!

Welcome Pepperbo!
    Glad your SmokinTex experience has been a good one.
    We would love to see your pix of your future smokes.
    Thanks and happy smokin!

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Pepperbo,
    Welcome to the neighborhood! Glad to have you aboard. I saw that smoked salmon recipe, and that stuff looks AWESOME! Let us know if we can help, and thanks for sharing!
    Jim
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!