Thread: Kansas City Sweet Sauce for 3-2-1 Baby Back Ribs

Default Kansas City Sweet Sauce for 3-2-1 Baby Back Ribs

We are in the kitchen tonight, trying something new. Four racks of pork loin baby backs are in the fridge after being rubbed down with Okie Dust on two of them, and John Henry's Pecan on the other two. Tomorrow they will be cooked with the 3-2-1 method as described here on the forum.

We decided to play with some ideas for a homemade basting sauce to be used tomorrow. Here is what we wound up with, and it is fantastic according to my taste testers. We will baste the ribs with it after 3 hours at 225F, using apple and cherry wood. More to follow tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here is the sauce recipe!

Bring to a boil. Great for 3-2-1 Baby Back Rib Sauce!

2 cups ketchup
    2 cups red wine vinegar
    1 cup brown sugar
    cup molasses
    cup honey
    cup mustard
    1 tablespoon of salt
    tablespoon black pepper
    teaspoon garlic powder
    teaspoon onion powder

Enjoy!!!

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Sounds awesome, Dan! Thank you!!

Gotta say, though, Where were you the day before??? I pulled 4 racks last night about 6 pm... could have used this earlier in the week!! LOL!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

OK, here we go!! The Kansas City Sweet 3-2-1 Baby Back Ribs are ready!! These are the best I have ever made, bar none. Bone pulls right off the meat, which is very succulent and just right, not too dry. These will not last long at our house!!

By the way, I used the new silicon mats that SmokeinTex sells, man are they nice. Clean right up and makes live much easier. Glad I bought enough for each grill.

Got the smoked catfish experiment in now, more to follow under salmon recipe on that later this evening. Below is a photo of the ribs....

Let the good times roll!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sweet Baby Back Ribs.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	363
    "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Dan,
    Those are beauties! Thanks for posting your awesome picture!

I have two racks in now . Last time I did 3-2-1 I thought they were a little soft and fell apart . I am doing 1hr wrap with butter and brown sugar , didn't know we were out of honey , and two hr unwrapped with the last hr basted with BBQ sauce .