Thread: cleaning

Default cleaning

I've had my smoker for a few years. Always used hd tinfoil to line the bottom and the chip box. But was wondering whether I should somehow clean? We use it a lot. Ribs, brisket, chicken, sausage. Sometime peppers. Anyway tinfoil is changed after each use. But was wondering whether a clean-up is needed, or let it ride?. Also, not sure how you would go about cleaning?

Cleaning????

Don't do it!!

I'm kidding. I wash the racks in the dishwasher. Occasionally I take paper towels and wipe out excess oil and grease on the bottom.

That's about it for me.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

If you want to see a well seasoned smoker, check out one of Luke Clayton's videos. That man is a wealth of smoking knowledge. especially wild game.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

True story:

When I first purchased my 1400, I took it over to the inlaws to show it off. I ran to the store to grab some ribs to smoke for dinner, came back to a pristine 1400 (I had it seasoned).

Mother-in-law: "I saw how dirty your smoker was and thought you would want me to clean it, so I did."

Me: ...........
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Bless her heart, that is hilarious.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    True story:

When I first purchased my 1400, I took it over to the inlaws to show it off. I ran to the store to grab some ribs to smoke for dinner, came back to a pristine 1400 (I had it seasoned).

Mother-in-law: "I saw how dirty your smoker was and thought you would want me to clean it, so I did."

Me: ...........
    You must be a saint to restrain yourself to responding with silence.

Stay calm, have courage and wait for signs. Been there with my FnL.