Thread: A Great BBQ Marinade and/or Dipping Sauce

Default A Great BBQ Marinade and/or Dipping Sauce

Just did 8 racks of 3-2-1 Baby Back Ribs and did not have the desire to make my own sauce. Was at a shop that had what they claimed to be the BEST BBQ Sauce ever, so I picked up a pint jar of it to try. The sauce is called "Old Mule" original, and I have to say it is FANTASTIC. I have no dog in the hunt on this sauce, but wanted to let folks know about it. From their information, Old Mule is apparently a family owned business, uses no preservatives, makes themselves (not outsourced) three flavors of BBQ Sauce: Original, Mustard and Hot. My experience was with the Original, but I will definitely try the other two flavors.

Their web site is http://www.oldmule.com/index.php . Hope some of you enjoy this with your SmokinTex food products as much as I did tonight on ribs and yesterday's brisket!! Even used it to dip some tortilla chips with...
    "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Thanks, Dan!

Will definitely need to look for it, but something tells me it will not be available locally.

I have some great recipes for sauce, that are not very difficult to make, if you ever get interested.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Thanks, Dan!

Will definitely need to look for it, but something tells me it will not be available locally.

I have some great recipes for sauce, that are not very difficult to make, if you ever get interested.
    Hi DR,

Thanks for your reply!

I got the Old Mule at Backyard Grilling Co. in Southwest Fort Worth, corner of Loop 820 and Bryant Irwin, next to Academy Sports. They are the place that is switching to it almost entirely, for sauce. They sell many different rubs, lots of John Henry rubs. Old Mule will also directly ship larger 0.5 gal glass jugs, and the pint jugs. They might also be able to tell you if anyone near you carries it.

As for your recipes for sauces, I would be very interested in that. Do you have them in an electronic file that could be emailed? Tried sending you a PM, but your mailbox is full. If you can PM me, perhaps we can exchange recipes offline.

Regards,
    Dan
    "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Dan-

Sorry about that. Who knew one would need to delete messages off the server???

I emptied my sent items, as well as my inbox. Thanks for the info on Ft. Worth. I did a quick search and found a place in Allen, as well. Cannot wait to try.

Yes, the recipes are in electronic form, happy to email or send via SmokinTex, whichever works.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all