Thread: great shrimp

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default great shrimp

Picked up some nice shrimp the other day--peeled and devined them--placed them in a small bowl and poured greek salad dressing over them--placed them in the frig for about three hours--seasoned them with Zoe's Greek seasoning and placed them on the wire rack and smoked them for one hour at 225---excellent--(Zoe's seasoning is from her chicken salad cafe's)

What kind and how much wood did you use?

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by smokinten View Post
    What kind and how much wood did you use?
    --I have old smoking tex--very well seasoned so I did not use any wood--afraid it would over whelm the shrimp

I have not attempted to purchase Zoe's..... is this a product available in stores? Or is it a local thing.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Zoe's is a chain Greek food place--started in Birmingham, Ala.--don't think you can buy the seasoning on line but there are a lot of Zoe's--we have one in Lafayette, la. might check near you--hope you find it--if not send me your address and I'll send you a bottle or two