Thread: Pit Beef

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pit Beef

Local butcher had eye of round on sale. Picked up a 2lb roast. Rubbed down with a rub of garlic,salt and pepper. Sliced a large onion in half and placed the roast on top. Added some beef stock to the pan. Loaded up the smoker box with some cherry chips and a couple charcoal briquettes. Smoker set at 225. Shooting for an internal temp of 130- 140.

This looks relevant to my interests. Serving with horseradish? How do you slice the round so it doesn't come out tough as a boot?

Quote Originally Posted by ia_james View Post
    This looks relevant to my interests. Serving with horseradish? How do you slice the round so it doesn't come out tough as a boot?
    la,

I'll slice it really thin on the meat slicer. And yes there will be horseradish. I love horseradish on my beef. I'll agree eye of round can be really tough as leather sometimes. It's not my preferred choice to make pit beef, but I couldn't turn it down for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodaking27 View Post
    la,

I'll slice it really thin on the meat slicer. And yes there will be horseradish. I love horseradish on my beef. I'll agree eye of round can be really tough as leather sometimes. It's not my preferred choice to make pit beef, but I couldn't turn it down for the price.
    Well, making cuts of meat edible that might not otherwise be is a well known 'cue activity. I love horseradish on my prime rib, I can only assume that I would also love it on this.

Time to rest before slicing.

Looks and smells so good.

Sliced and ready to build that sandwich....

Last edited by Sodaking27; 03-28-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Looking good!

Sodaking27,
    This looks amazing!
    Thx.