Thread: Portabella mushrooms

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default Portabella mushrooms

Look for large deep portabella's at store--wash and clean gills and stems out with a spoon--throw gills out and save stems--dry them well and set aside--(goat cheese spread)in bowl combine 4 oz soft goat cheese--2 oz cream cheese and 1/4 cup basil pesto--stir all ingredients together. Take mushrooms and pour olive oil over front and back. Season with favorite steak seasoniing--Flip mushrooms over and spread the goat cheese spread until you have a nice layer of spread--take fresh baby spinach and place over spread--you can stop there and smoke mushrooms at 250 for 2 1/2 hours--and have a very good appetizer
    Or you can make a filling out of--tomatoes,sweet onions,bell peppers, garlic,pepperoni,Italian bread crumbs,4 cheese mix,olive oil, chopped up stems and your favorite Italian sauce---then place mix on top of goat cheese spread (pile it high) and smoke at 250 for 2 1/2 hours and make a meal
    I used pecan wood------Large aspargus cut into 1/2" pieces is also very good added to mix
    Last edited by coach; 04-19-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks coach!

Any pictures you can share? I am a visual person, and this sounds amazing. Pictures are worth a thousand words
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Thanks coach!

Any pictures you can share? I am a visual person, and this sounds amazing. Pictures are worth a thousand words
    ...True, but an invitation and directions are PRICELESS!!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!