Thread: Have smoker, will travel.

Default Have smoker, will travel.

Hello all..
    I was going over to mom's house this last weekend and she had a plan. She was going to BOIL some baby back ribs and finish them on her outdoor grill. Unacceptable, I said do nothing and I will be over a bit earlier than planned. I packed up my Smokin TeX 1400 in the SUV secured it with a couple of bungee cords and I was off. She was surprised I showed up with my smoker. We rubbed up the ribs, put them into the smoker with a bit of Apple wood and turned it on. As we are relaxing on the patio enjoying the beautiful day that it was she keeps commenting on how well the smoker matches her stainless steel BBQ and is amazed that even though we are cooking we don't have to pay any attention to the smoker. I kept saying "it's a set and forget system ma". Well the ribs came out perfectlyTender and juicy smoky and flavorful. I guess I know what to get her for mother's day. Thank you Smokin Tex!!!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

Nicely done!

Bravo...

You are a good son.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Outstanding!

Good on ya for doing right by Mom, and good on ya also from saving those ribs from a worse fate. You have no idea how close that piggy came to dying in vain.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Well done!

Treating the number 1 lady in your life like royalty, as it should be!!!

Applause!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all