Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Cooks

Default Memorial Day Cooks

Thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone is planning on smoking over the Memorial Day Weekend. I don't have my final decision made yet, but leaning towards a Brisket.

I'm leaning to a brisket as well.....

Made 9 racks of babybacks as well as a brisket over this past weekend..... my ribs came out just a tad bit better than the brisket. I guess this means I will "have to" work on my brisket a little more.

Oh, woe is me
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Not to be a copy-cat, but a brisket DOES sound good. Now if I can FIND one.....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

I think I'm with you guys. Also have a chunk of Canadian bacon that will need cooked.

Outstanding idea James...... Costco started carrying pork belly. Might just be calling my name
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

I hate to change things up......I'm going to do a butt and some rib's.

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Outstanding idea James...... Costco started carrying pork belly. Might just be calling my name

I've never tried bacon bacon. I love making Canadian bacon using the dry recipe from the newsletter here. 2 oz. of pecan and cook it to a skosh above 140 and it's divine. I put some pics up a few batches ago in the pictures forum here.

Great replies everyone. Don't forget to keep us updated with how you cook turned out along with photos. Looking forward to everyone's results.
    Last edited by Sodaking27; 05-20-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I've had my attitude adjusted, and now I'm going "rogue". I was formerly on board here for a brisket, but a couple families in the campground doing a pot luck on Sunday, and the "Banned KCBS Porkloin" has been requested. Looks like a couple loins are in my future. May crank up early and fire off a couple fatties while I'm at it...

I just may pick up a brisket and do that Saturday, just to show 'em what they're missing.....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Absolutely!

I'm in for brisket, for sure. Also have a pork shoulder on tap, gonna be smoking all weekend

I will be in my happy place