Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Cooks

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Absolutely!

I'm in for brisket, for sure. Also have a pork shoulder on tap, gonna be smoking all weekend

I will be in my happy place
    Right there with you brother. I'll also be doing a shoulder on Saturday and the Brisket on Sunday.

Just started smoking lots of stuff. Ribs and pork loins are already in. Pulled the Pork Loins and basted them, WOW, could stop right there. When the ribs finish, a load of boneless, skinless chicken breasts go in. Then, this evening a brisket will come out of the fridge and go into the smoke.

Ribs and Pork Loin with homemade rub and Old Mule baste. 225F with Apple and Cherry.

Chicken with Cajun Injector Honey Bacon BBQ and John Henry Chicken Tickler rub. 225F with Apple and Cherry.

Brisket with Mustard, Worcester Sauce and John Henry Brisket Rub. 225F with Oak and Pecan.

If all gets eaten, we will start all over. Electric bill is paid up, we are good to go with the SmokinTex!

Happy Memorial Day to All!!
    "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Gonna go with a Boston butt for pulled pork sliders on pretzel buns with an Asian sesame ginger slaw.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

That Asian sesame ginger slaw sounds like the perfect complement to pulled pork!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just started smoking lots of stuff. Ribs and pork loins are already in. Pulled the Pork Loins and basted them, WOW, could stop right there. When the ribs finish, a load of boneless, skinless chicken breasts go in. Then, this evening a brisket will come out of the fridge and go into the smoke.

Ribs and Pork Loin with homemade rub and Old Mule baste. 225F with Apple and Cherry.

Chicken with Cajun Injector Honey Bacon BBQ and John Henry Chicken Tickler rub. 225F with Apple and Cherry.

Brisket with Mustard, Worcester Sauce and John Henry Brisket Rub. 225F with Oak and Pecan.

If all gets eaten, we will start all over. Electric bill is paid up, we are good to go with the SmokinTex!

Happy Memorial Day to All!!

Dan,
    Everything sounds great. You forgot one thing though.....
    My invite

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperbo View Post
    Gonna go with a Boston butt for pulled pork sliders on pretzel buns with an Asian sesame ginger slaw.
    Pepperbo

Agree with Dan. The Asian slaw sounds like a winner. Can you post your recipe?

No recipe, I am almost embarrassed to say. It is a pre-made slaw sauce made by Marie's available in the salad area of my local supermarket. + Cabbage.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Just pulled 4 pork fatties for the Bloody Mary bar tomorrow morning, and there's still picnic ham ala Sodaking going for omelettes in a bag, and tomorrow I'll be running a couple KCBS pork loins.... Life is good!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Hello!
    Please everyone post pix of your smoke! We want to see them. During your prep, in the smoker or plated.
    Thanks a bunch!!! Happy smokin!

Started a thread in the photo section of my brisket cook. Will be doing a shoulder tomorrow night.

Last edited by Sodaking27; 05-29-2016 at 11:58 AM.