Thread: Rewired and ready for trial run

Default Rewired and ready for trial run

Ok, so I had that GFI issue and I believe I found the issue, thanks to this forum. My ST1500CXLD now sits beside it's cousin in its spot.
    Releveled, New Power Cord and Relocated Wall mounted Probe for the Auber PID. Fortunately I live fairly close to the ST office and Scott
    made ready the power cord for me. Good friendly people at Smokintex!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2888.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	422
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2889.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	423
    Last edited by EFGM; 06-30-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    1500CXLD, Amerique, PG1000, Tappecue, Thermopen
    Good Meat deserves a REST!
    It's done when it's done and
    If you're happy with the results, that's ALL that matters

Update. I did a trial run and the GFI still tripped. The cord needed replacing anyway, but I had incorrectly assumed (and we know what that can mean) the connections were the issue. Since it would still operate on a circuit without the protection, there was I thought only one other device inbetween the ST and the GFI. That would be the Auber PID. I called tech support at Auberins and received excellent help. In trouble shooting as instructed by the support person, everything seemed to work. Then I remembered I had used a 2 foot 12/3 extension cord and that cord had an issue in it. So the GFI was doing its job, the ST was doing its job. All is well again, except that picture is still sideways.
    1500CXLD, Amerique, PG1000, Tappecue, Thermopen
    Good Meat deserves a REST!
    It's done when it's done and
    If you're happy with the results, that's ALL that matters

I wish I had the talent and patience to try one of those fancy add ons..... but I don't. I do think its cool that y'all get that stuff to work
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all