Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked Andouille Sausage

Default Smoked Andouille Sausage

Giving the Smoked Andouille Sausage recipe that was posted in the recipes a go. 5lb pork butt cut up in 2" pieces, spice mix added. Going to let cure in the fridge for 2 days before stuffing. Stay tuned for updates.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I saw the same thread, Soda, so I'm watching with interest!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

It sounds good. My favorite andouille is from Jacob's smokehouse in LaPlace, LA about 15 miles west of NOLA. I like their's because they don't grind the pork, but chop it in little pieces which falls out in the gumbo. I have a 5 lb belly curing in the refrig and the pig skin is in the smoker as I type. This weekend is the Key West BBQ competition. Very small, but I want to check it out to see maybe next year haul the Smokintex down there.

Quote Originally Posted by CudjoeBBQ View Post
    It sounds good. My favorite andouille is from Jacob's smokehouse in LaPlace, LA about 15 miles west of NOLA. I like their's because they don't grind the pork, but chop it in little pieces which falls out in the gumbo. I have a 5 lb belly curing in the refrig and the pig skin is in the smoker as I type. This weekend is the Key West BBQ competition. Very small, but I want to check it out to see maybe next year haul the Smokintex down there.
    CudjoeBBq Have you ever had Conecuh Smoked sausage? I'd have to say it's my favorite. I was introduced to it when my daughter lived in Alabama. I like their rubs also. Only problem is it's not available here in Maryland. I like a good andouille when making gumbo. Can't wait to see has this turns out.

Stuffed the andouille tonight. Currently resting in the refrigerator. Will be smoking tomorrow. Think I will be asking for a sausage stuffer for Christmas. KitchenAid is just to small.

Into the smoker with 1.5 oz of cherry. Starting at 140 and will increase the temp by 10 every hour until I reach 180. Looking for an internal temp of 154.

Finished result. Going to let it bloom for a couple of hours before putting in the refrigerator overnight. Will vacuum pack tomorrow. This is some really good andouille. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks to Mark for posting the recipe.

Last edited by Sodaking27; 10-16-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Default Smoked Andouille Sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Sodaking27 View Post
    Finished result. Going to let it bloom for a couple of hours before putting in the refrigerator overnight. Will vacuum pack tomorrow. This is some really good andouille. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks to Mark for posting the recipe.

Hey Sodaking27,

Thanks for trying my recipe! Your sausages look great. Mark

Hey Sodaking27,
    Get the stuffer, you won't regret it! I used an attachment on a grinder when I first started sausage making. It was OK but not as nice as a stuffer. I use a 5 lb. stuffer for most of my sausage but also have an 11 lb. stuffer that I use for venison summer sausage or when making a larger batch for family/friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Hey Sodaking27,

Thanks for trying my recipe! Your sausages look great. Mark

Default Recipe needed for this Smoked Andouille Sausage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Hey Sodaking27,
    Get the stuffer, you won't regret it! I used an attachment on a grinder when I first started sausage making. It was OK but not as nice as a stuffer. I use a 5 lb. stuffer for most of my sausage but also have an 11 lb. stuffer that I use for venison summer sausage or when making a larger batch for family/friends.
    Somehow I came across the recipe for this Smoked Andouille Sausage and the comments led me to this page and somehow I couldn't get back to the original recipe. Could the creator of the recipe please post the complete recipe or email it to me at: michael@HeavenMadeProducts.com

Thanks
    Michael