Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: disappointing results / low temperatures

Thanks DReeves , looks like that might be the only way. Personally, i prefer emailing because it is much easier to get the details and events in the correct order.

jpr
    Did you go through the calibration process after replacing the tstat? I believe there is a post on the website somewhere explaining the process. If you can't find it, give ST a quick call and they will explain the process to you. I had to do it to my 1400 when I first received it. It's been rock solid ever since. Sorry for your rocky start, but believe me ST will get the issue resolved.

Sodaking27, you might be right. The instruction sheet that was included with replacement thermostat appeared to be for a different model.

So have called, left voice message.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Sodaking27, you might be right. The instruction sheet that was included with replacement thermostat appeared to be for a different model.

So have called, left voice message.
    Good deal. I have complete faith you will be cooking like a rock star, and soon!

Happy Friday!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

No doubt ST will get you squared away. Their customer service is second to none.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

ok, so it needs calibrating. Got the calibration steps today, spent a few hours on it, if i understood the steps correctly then the thermostat was off by 25 degrees. does that sound typical?

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    ok, so it needs calibrating. Got the calibration steps today, spent a few hours on it, if i understood the steps correctly then the thermostat was off by 25 degrees. does that sound typical?
    jpr
    Not typical, but I've heard of it happening a few times. Glad you were able to get it resolved.

So now to test it.... smoke something and let us know how it goes!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

So by the time they actually responded (Friday) it was too late to plan any smoking for the weekend, so it will have to wait another weekend when i will be able to test it.

We will keep our ribs crossed and our butts rubbed

Look forward to hearing your results